Revealed on March 15, 2015
Open enrollment for 2015 is over. However in case you owe a payment in your taxes for not having well being protection in 2014 and don’t but have well being protection for 2015, you should still be capable of get protection for 2015.
The excellent news is that the Well being Insurance coverage Market® is offering people and households who’re topic to the payment once they file their 2014 taxes with one final likelihood to get coated for 2015. So as to reap the benefits of this Particular Enrollment Interval, you could meet the entire following necessities:
- You didn’t know that the well being care legislation required you and your family to have well being protection till after February 15, 2015, otherwise you didn’t perceive how that requirement would have an effect on you or your loved ones.
- You owe the payment for not having protection for a number of months in 2014.
- You aren’t already enrolled in 2015 qualifying well being protection by the Well being Insurance coverage Market® or exterior the Market.
If all of those apply to you, you’re eligible for a Particular Enrollment Interval that lets you enroll in a 2015 plan. You additionally could possibly get decrease prices on month-to-month premiums. Eight out of 10 individuals can discover protection for $100 or much less a month with tax credit by the Market.
The Particular Enrollment alternative runs from March 15 by April 30, 2015.
- Should you owe a payment for not having protection in 2014 however are already enrolled in a 2015 Market plan, you’ll be able to’t use this Particular Enrollment Interval to modify plans.
- Even in case you get protection by this Particular Enrollment Interval (SEP), you continue to need to pay the 2014 payment.
- You don’t have to have filed your 2014 taxes earlier than enrolling with this SEP—you simply need to owe the payment.
- If any individual in a family meets the factors for this SEP, everybody within the family can enroll in protection with it.