On this episode of the RIA Edge Podcast, David Armstrong, managing director of editorial and content material methods for the Wealth Administration Group at Informa, talks with Dan Seder, managing associate with Blue Chip Companions, concerning the agency’s speedy, and persevering with, trajectory from a modest $300 million agency just some years in the past to 1 now approaching $1.2 billion. He discusses bringing a structured gross sales course of into the RIA, together with a strategic strategy to shopper referrals, and why he feels a deal with development is one thing the agency owes to its staff.
Particularly, David and Dan focus on:
- How Dan introduced gross sales abilities from the insurance coverage world to the RIA and shortly grew the shopper base, and his possession stake.
- How he and his associate realized early on that speedy development requires extra construction across the enterprise and adopted the EOS (Entrepreneurial Working System) program; Dan describes what EOS is and the way it helped them construct a greater chassis to assist their development.
- How they wish to develop providers to incorporate taxes and property planning to not solely present present shoppers extra providers, however as a instrument towards extra shopper acquisition.
- The six core values the agency adopted to attain their targets.
- The agency’s selections round their funding technique for shoppers.
- The rewards of constructing a robust group tradition that fosters a collaborative, vibrant office, and why rising the agency is vital to make sure staff really feel they’ve alternatives within the enterprise.
Join With David Armstrong:
Join With Dan Seder:
About Our Visitor:
As Managing Companion of Blue Chip Companions, Dan is a holder of the best to make use of each the Chartered Monetary Analyst® (CFA®) and Chartered Market Technician® (CMT®) designations. He’s additionally a Licensed Monetary Planner™ skilled.
Dan joined Blue Chip Companions in 2005 and have become a shareholder in 2010. Dan focuses on addressing the distinctive wants of company executives. This consists of demystifying advanced compensation packages, maximizing govt profit platforms, and integrating fairness grants (i.e., inventory choices, restricted inventory, efficiency shares) right into a monetary plan. As well as, Dan leverages technical evaluation when structuring 10b5-1 buying and selling plans for executives serious about decreasing their focus in firm inventory.
Dan graduated with a B.A. from the College of Michigan, the place he was a four-year member of the varsity wrestling group. Dan is the previous president of the CFA Society of Detroit, a member of the CFA Institute, and has served as an teacher for the Stalla CFA Examination evaluate program.