To maintain the lights on, we obtain affiliate commissions through a few of our hyperlinks. Our evaluate course of.
You seemingly know Katherine Heigl as an American TV and film actress, however do you know she’s additionally a staunch animal activist? Her ardour for animal welfare drove her to launch a wholesome new pet food model, referred to as Badlands Ranch, in 2022.
That includes all-natural, air-dried, and whole-food components, Badlands Ranch Superfood Full has shortly exploded in recognition. What’s the lowdown on this grain-free components the corporate says “incorporates a few of the healthiest meals on Earth?” Is it price all of the hype? And extra vital, is it the perfect food regimen on your pup?
Badlands Ranch Canine Meals Overview
We advocate Badlands Ranch in the event you desire a grain-free premium food regimen on your fuzzy sidekick — and in the event you can afford the extraordinarily costly price ticket.
Our workforce charges pet food primarily based on a number of components, together with selection, dietary worth, pricing, buyer suggestions, buyer help, and extra.
- Complete-food components with no preservatives or fillers
- Freed from wheat, soy, corn, potatoes, and dairy
- Humanely raised beef
- Additionally presents 100% freeze-dried beef liver, rooster, and salmon treats
- 90-day money-back assure
- Proceeds and meals donated to animal shelters and no-kill advocacy organizations
- Made within the USA
- Very costly
- Just one components obtainable (beef & salmon)
- No grain-inclusive possibility
- No auto-shipping (however they are saying it’s coming quickly)
In accordance with Badlands web site as of early March: “As a consequence of extraordinarily excessive demand, Superfood Full will ship to you in 10-15 enterprise days.” We’re assuming that is short-term till they’ll ramp up manufacturing. And regardless of the delays, it’s a wonderful signal that prospects (and their furry associates) are loving this pet food.
- A wholesome, shelf-stable possibility
- Glorious dietary steadiness and filled with protein
- Doesn’t include any grains, meat meal or by-products, fillers, or synthetic preservatives
- Meals is slow-cooked at low temperatures in small batches and air-dried to protect the dietary content material and freshness
- Each buy you make helps animals in want by means of a partnership with Heigl’s nonprofit, the Jason Debus Heigl Basis
- Badlands Ranch pledges $100,000 yearly to help animal rescues and makes month-to-month meals donations to shelters
Badlands Ranch Superfood Full is a well-balanced, high-protein components with reasonable ranges of fats, fiber, and carbohydrates. The caloric content material falls on the low finish of normal industrial kibble, which generally consists of 325-600 energy per cup.
With an estimated 32% carbohydrate content material, it’s decrease in carbs than many industrial kibble recipes, which include 30-60% carbs, a majority of that are starches (grains resembling wheat, rice, barley, oats, and corn). Additionally, for a high-protein air-dried/dehydrated pet food, Superfood Full has barely larger fiber and decrease fats ranges than a lot of its opponents.
- Crude Protein: 30% (min)
- Crude Fats: 14% (min)
- Crude Fiber: 5% (max)
- Moisture: 15% (max)
- Energy: 326 kcal/cup
Badlands Ranch Canine Meals Substances
Let’s break down this premium components’s components so you understand the well being advantages on your furry pal. The first 4 components are beef, beef liver, beef coronary heart, and salmon, all high-quality sources of protein and fats your lively pup must thrive. Not solely are organ meats wealthy in nutritional vitamins A, B, D, and E, copper, iron, phosphorus, selenium, and zinc, however they’ll additionally add loads of meaty flavors (good for choosy pups).
Whereas this recipe is grain-free, it incorporates candy potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, broccoli, and blueberries, all wholesome complicated carbohydrates which can be simply digested and supply loads of fiber and different vitamins. It’s additionally fortified with a mix of important nutritional vitamins and minerals fastidiously chosen for optimum canine well being.
Different “Superfood” Substances
- Flaxseed: supply of omega-3 and 6 fatty acids Docosahexenoic Acid (DHA) and Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) that help mind and eye improvement and pores and skin, coat, joint, and immune well being
- Chia seeds: wealthy in plant protein, fiber, antioxidants, omega fatty acids, calcium, potassium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, and phosphorus
- Lion’s Mane mushroom (Hericium erinaceus): promotes digestive, immune, coronary heart, and cognitive well being, helps the physique higher metabolize fats, reduces irritation, and consists of many nutritional vitamins and minerals
- Ginger & turmeric: pure antioxidants which have anti-inflammatory properties, making them good additions on your pup’s cell and joint well being
Observe: We’d prefer to see extra particular info on their web site about the place they supply the components, the place they make their meals, and the quality-control measures the corporate employs. Nonetheless, Badlands Ranch does say they solely work with suppliers dedicated to the humane therapy of animals.
Have There Been Any Badlands Ranch Canine Meals Remembers?
A pet meals recall sometimes happens when there’s a possible danger of contamination or one other situation that causes the meals to not meet high quality requirements. Remembers are issued both by the U.S. Meals & Drug Administration (FDA), which governs pet meals requirements, or voluntarily by the model themselves. Badlands Ranch hasn’t had any meals recollects thus far, nevertheless it’s solely been in the marketplace since late Summer season 2022.
Badlands Ranch presents reductions if you are going to buy 3 or 6 baggage of pet food or treats without delay. Join a free account with no subscription dedication for the costs beneath. Delivery is free on orders over $50.
Badlands Ranch Superfood Full
They at the moment solely provide one pet food recipe, however we hope to see them add extra formulation within the close to future.
- 24-oz bag: $39.95 (reg. $59.95)
Badlands Ranch Superfood Bites
These bite-sized treats are made with one single freeze-dried ingredient: uncooked beef liver, rooster breast, or wild salmon.
- 4-oz bag: $17.99 (reg. $19.99)
Badlands Ranch Coupon Code
With a subscription it can save you as much as 60% off Badlands Ranch. Use this hyperlink to get began.
What’s Our Ultimate Verdict?
We extremely advocate Badlands Ranch in the event you desire a grain-free premium food regimen on your fuzzy sidekick — and in the event you can afford the extraordinarily costly price ticket. Nonetheless, the excessive value definitely doesn’t appear to be deterring many pup dad and mom, as evidenced by the excessive demand and overwhelmingly optimistic buyer evaluations we’ve seen on-line.
If you happen to’re nonetheless exploring different kinds of wholesome pet food, be sure you learn our evaluations of the finest pet food supply providers, together with personalised recent meals, all-natural kibble, and dehydrated pet food. You may additionally need to try our article on the finest canine meals for many food regimen sorts, ages, well being points, and extra.
Tagged With: Meals Supply