If Unum Group has denied your insurance coverage declare, Donahue & Horrow is able to struggle for you. We’re a Los Angeles-based legislation agency that has received towards Unum Group, a corporation that’s infamous for treating policyholders unfairly by denying their long-term incapacity insurance coverage, life insurance coverage, or long-term care claims.
Our major focus has been and can all the time stay our purchasers. We perceive it may be daunting staring down such a big group, however now we have the expertise and observe report of protecting insurance coverage giants like Unum Group sincere and convincing them to pay policyholders what’s rightfully theirs.
Name us at present at 877-664-5407 should you consider Unum Group has handled you unfairly or unethically by wrongfully denying your insurance coverage declare.
Unum Group Techniques In Denial of Incapacity Insurance coverage Claims
When corporations attain the dimensions of Unum Group, they typically lose sight of their prospects and focus extra on protecting shareholders completely happy and revenues and internet revenue wholesome.
Unum Group and different giant insurance coverage organizations are infamous for following the same playbook to disclaim or delay paying out incapacity and different insurance coverage advantages by:
- Issuing payouts which might be lower than what the policyholders have been entitled.
- Utilizing Inadequate opinions of incapacity claims appeals.
- Referring to biased physicians to help bogus declare denials.
- Ignoring the opinions of your major care doctor and specialists who help your declare.
- Arbitrary paying sure navy beneficiaries and never paying out others.
Unum Group and different insurance coverage corporations typically attempt to “put on down” policyholders such as you within the hope that you’ll surrender somewhat than struggle to your advantages. If Unum Group has tried a number of of those techniques on you, the corporate could also be making an attempt to fraudulently deny your insurance coverage declare by:
- Making burdensome requests by requesting repeated documentation, duplicating the documentation you’ve already submitted.
- Downplaying medical proof—together with goal and subjective knowledge—to discredit your incapacity or your insurance coverage advantages entitlement.
- Refusing to just accept your physician’s opinion that you simply’re disabled and unable to return to work.
- Requesting so-called “impartial” medical opinions by unqualified physicians or people to evaluate your medical situation.
- Repeatedly delaying a choice relating to your insurance coverage declare.
Unum Group Gained’t Wait to Deny Insurance coverage Claims. Don’t Wait to Combat Again!
If Unum Group or certainly one of its subsidiaries has denied your insurance coverage declare, don’t wait to take motion. All insurance coverage claims have deadlines that have to be met should you’re to have any hope of accumulating the insurance coverage advantages you’re owed. That is very true in case your declare is ruled by the Worker Retirement Revenue Safety Act (ERISA). Name us at present at (877) 664-5407. Our authorized group will deal with you with the dignity you deserve whereas combating relentlessly to safe the insurance coverage advantages which might be rightfully yours.
Actual Examples of Unum Group Denying Claims
Unum Group has a protracted historical past of insurance coverage declare denial. The primary class-action lawsuit filed by policyholders towards the corporate occurred in 2002, and in 2003, the group’s former CEO Harold Chandler was pressured to resign over the corporate’s claims insurance policies, which staff indicated have been performed to assist the enterprise scale back prices.
In 2005, California insurance coverage regulators fined Unum $8 million and demanded that the corporate change its state insurance policies to incorporate better client protections. The mandate additionally required Unum to reopen as many as 26,000 California incapacity instances for overview. California insurance coverage regulators additionally charged Unum with greater than 25 violations of state legislation.
Some notably damning quotes from the Los Angeles Instances and California Insurance coverage Commissioner John Garamendi learn like a textbook case for the way giant insurance coverage corporations employe deny-and-delay techniques towards sincere policyholders like your self:
- LA Instances: “…the corporate knowingly utilized the mistaken authorized definition of incapacity in denying claims or ruling claimants have been ready to return to work, focused high-cost claims for denials to save lots of the agency cash, misused claimants’ medical information and even the opinions of in-house medical personnel to disclaim advantages and wrongly sought to file instances underneath a federal advantages legislation that severely limits claimants’ means to efficiently sue their insurers.”
- John Garamendi: “UnumProvident is an outlaw firm. It’s a firm that for years has operated in an unlawful vogue.”
Unum Group’s controversial and unlawful enterprise practices didn’t finish in California. In 2008, Unum paid a $676 million settlement after an intensive examination of the corporate’s dealing with of incapacity claims by insurance coverage regulators throughout the nation.
About Unum Group – A Fortune 500 Group
Unum Group is a worldwide insurance coverage supplier of incapacity and life insurance coverage merchandise, together with particular person incapacity insurance policies, group short-term incapacity insurance policies, group long-term incapacity insurance policies, long-term care insurance coverage insurance policies, and life insurance coverage insurance policies. The corporate’s portfolio additionally contains life, accident/AD&D, long-term care, essential sickness, dental, and imaginative and prescient insurance coverage merchandise.
Over time, the Unum Group has bought or merged with quite a few different insurance coverage corporations, serving to the corporate’s annual revenues improve from $10.7 billion in 2015 to almost $12 billion in 2019. Consequently, Unum Group’s development has resulted in issues for insurance coverage claimants comparable to your self. In case you beforehand bought insurance policies from Provident Insurance coverage Firm, UnumProvident Insurance coverage Firm, The Paul Revere Life Insurance coverage Firm, or Colonial Life & Accident Insurance coverage Firm, you might obtain denial letters from these entities, however actually, it was Unum that denied your declare.
How We Can Assist
If Unum Group has denied your insurance coverage claims and also you need assistance reviewing Unum Group’s improper claims techniques, Donahue & Horrow is right here for you. We’re primarily based in Los Angeles and routinely deal with instances all through California towards insurance coverage giants comparable to Unum Group. Whether or not by telephone at 877-664-5407 or face-to-face, we’re prepared to debate your declare.
If in case you have questions name Donahue & Horrow at present. Insurance coverage insurance policies are written by attorneys, and our legislation agency can interpret the phrases of your coverage. We’ll assist decipher your Unum Group insurance coverage coverage, whether or not it’s a long-term incapacity insurance coverage coverage, short-term incapacity insurance coverage coverage, medical insurance coverage, life insurance coverage coverage, unintentional demise, and dismemberment coverage, or a long-term care insurance coverage coverage. Name at present for a free session: (877) 664-5407.